Sterling Silver Facts:
- Sterling silver is beautiful and affordable.
- To be considered sterling silver, a ring must contain 92.5 percent pure silver. Copper is the metal most commonly used to make up the 7.5 percent remaining content of a sterling silver ring.
- Polishing cloths are an excellent choice for cleaning sterling silver.
- When worn continually sterling silver often develops a lovely patina, a kind of glow combined with darkened areas. Some people like this look and do not polish the silver. It is an individual choice.
- Many people prefer sterling silver over white gold for its white, shiny luster.