Skip to content
Sterling Silver Ring Facts
On this page you will find information about sterling silver to help you decide if it is the right ring metal choice for you.
Sterling Silver Facts:
- Sterling silver is beautiful and affordable.
- To be considered sterling silver, a ring must contain 92.5 percent pure silver. Copper is the metal most commonly used to make up the 7.5 percent remaining content of a sterling silver ring.
- Polishing cloths are an excellent choice for cleaning sterling silver.
- When worn continually sterling silver often develops a lovely patina, a kind of glow combined with darkened areas. Some people like this look and do not polish the silver. It is an individual choice.
- Many people prefer sterling silver over white gold for its white, shiny luster.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.